Accurate Precision Plating (APP) is a leading metal finishing services company, specializing in high quality, precision gold plating services for industrial applications. We offer our clients a superior product due to our attention to detail and commitment to quality, supported by the highest level of customer service. With over 50 years of combined experience, our staff has the knowledge to finish your metal part to your exact specifications and to the tightest tolerances. You can be assured your gold plating project will be completed right the first time and your part delivered to you production-ready.
Benefits of Gold Plating Electrical Components
Gold is the ultimate precious metal for electrical contact plating. For that reason, the electrodeposition of gold is used extensively in electrical component applications such as electrical contacts, connector pins, switches, sensors and many others for which repeated physical contact occurs. Gold-plated parts exhibit excellent wear resistance, high hardness, corrosion resistance, high conductivity, solder-ability and excellent performance at high temperatures.
- Gold will not form surface oxides
- Gold conducts low voltage currents for long periods of time without corrosion or failure
- Gold provides good wear resistance, especially when combined with cobalt or nickel
Types of Industrial Gold Plating Services
- Hard gold plating – gold alloyed with trace amounts of cobalt or nickel for durability in connectors
- Soft gold plating – for applications that require purity
- Wire bondable gold – ultra-pure 24-karat gold plating
- We offer nickel-brightened hard acid, 24-karat gold plating, with hardness rating between 130-200 Knoop.
Industrial Gold Plating Capabilities
- Precise plating thickness to exact tolerances of +/- .00001" (10 micro inches)
- Barrel plating
- Rack plating
- Vibratory plating
- Plating for a range of metals, including aluminum, steel, stainless steel, nickel-silver and copper alloys, Inconel® and Monel®
- Custom masking services
- Fast turnaround, with most products delivered within 3-5 days. 24-48 hour turnaround is available.
- Quantities from short run through full production runs
Our extensive quality control measures throughout production include non-destructive testing in accordance with ASTM B 568 to measure the thickness of the coating. Using Fischerscope X-Ray equipment, we can measure the thickness of the gold foil with a margin of error less than 1%. We offer 100% testing, if needed for your parts. We can manufacture to meet industry and regulatory standards, including ASTM B488, AMS 2422 (replaces MIL-G-45204). All our processes are certified to ISO 9001:2008.
At APP, we are committed to meeting or exceeding your expectations for your gold plating application through efficient, effective processes, high quality control and superior customer service. Call today to see how we can solve your plating challenges.